How to Create Killer Websites for Your Businesses
Truth be told, websites are becoming such a business necessity nowadays. And with the current popularity of e-commerce, a professional looking website is sure to open up doors for you and your business too! If you have decided to push through with creating a website for your business, then follow some simple rules to make it a huge success.
1. Think of a relevant domain name. This is one of the very steps that you should be doing; finding a domain name that suits your business that will provide your site with better recall and/or instant recognition.
2. What do you need the website for? List all the things that you want to accomplish by having a website; is it to provide after sales support, or sell to them directly online, or do you want your website to be a platform to introduce all your products and services?
3. How will you put up your website? Web design professionals are always available to help put-up the site, otherwise, you can build it by yourself if you have the proper know-how’s.
4. Keep your website looking simple. A website is a place where you can start marketing your products and services, therefore, you should make it as user-friendly as possible so people won’t have a hard time navigating around it. A simple design is always great but make sure that you don’t lose that professional touch still. If you can skip on using flash and multi-tiered drop-down menus, then do so, but whatever you do, make sure that the website links you have provided are always visible and working.
5.Avoid Splash pages. Splash pages gives your pages some extra load, thereby slowing down the time it takes for each page to get pulled up on a browser. These minor delays can somehow affect how your website generates clicks and sales for your businesses.
6. Make the navigation rules inside your website simpler. Visitors should always know where they are on your website and they should be able to go back to where they have started off with just a few clicks of the mouse or the keyboard. A website that’s easy to navigate entices more user views and click-throughs than those sites which have complicated navigation procedures.
7. Add meaningful content to your website. When you incorporate content to your site, use articles that are informative and can be of use to actual readers and not just for search engine use.
8. Make sure that you include a way for visitors to contact you. A simple step, but still, a lot of web owners are missing this. It makes your website look even more professional if you set a way for your visitors to contact you for any information regarding the site. Extra points are also awarded if you make it a habit to respond in a timely manner as this can help you gain trust amongst your visitors and can help you close more deals in the future.
The Author: Edward Duldulao is an industry journalist and impressive thought-leader. He enjoys exercising his creativity, learning & writing, and and watching Family Guy. Get more details about this article’s subject: how to make your own website Find out more on the author’s profile page.